ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE
This role requires a sales and marketing-minded individual who desires an exciting opportunity to earn uncapped commissions and focus on connecting the local Pittsburgh business owners and organizations with marketing strategies including print, digital, events, sponsorships, and social media advertising. This person desires to work with a supportive team base and the passion to build the brand within the community.
This position includes a current client base to manage, foster, and grow, while also focusing on acquisition of new clients to hit monthly goals set forth by the company.
This position needs an individual with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the local market and understands the competitive landscapes that many SMBs face today. The ideal candidate is motivated and focused on revenue growth across all platforms with the intention of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
• Business-to-Business (B2B) advertising sales
• Monitor, analyze, and proactively create solutions to retain and grow revenue
• Prospecting, appointment setting, and virtual/in person presentations (currently limiting in person appointments due to COVID-19 guidelines)
• Develop creative marketing plans across print, sponsorships, and digital that engage client's target audience
• Build prospect lists and canvass the market to find new business opportunities
• Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs
• Actively collaborate with manager to create dynamic plans and goals
• Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability
• Maintaining client records, processing contracts, and payment setup
• Prior sales experience & proven results working for a media company (Preferred)
• A commitment to excellent customer service
• Expertise at developing relationships and building rapport with clients and local organizations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to use CRM, book ads, and oversee client's creative needs
• Knowledge of digital advertising including but not limited to display, SEM, SEO, video, and social media platforms a plus
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google Suite products
• Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
• Reliable transportation & driver's license
Company sponsored healthcare after 90 days employment, Vision and Dental available with employee contribution, Monthly expense compensation, Vacation & Sick Days, 401K after one year of employment, Ongoing company sponsored professional development training
Job Type: Full-time
Pittsburgh City Paper
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to Rachel Winner at email@example.com
FALL EDITORIAL INTERNS
Pittsburgh City Paper
is currently seeking fall interns for its editorial department. Interns must be students currently enrolled in a Pittsburgh-area college or university, no exceptions. Internship is available starting in September and will last through December 2022. Each internship pays $12/hour.
News Reporting Intern
The fall reporting intern is required to work 10 hours a week (at $12/hour) and will pitch and write stories for both print and online, with a strong focus on news and community outreach reporting. Basic writing and reporting experience is required. Previous work in student media is recommended. Interns should be able to turn stories around quickly and are encouraged to pitch ideas often. Please send résumé, cover letter, and writing samples to News Editor Jamie Wiggan at firstname.lastname@example.org
A&E Writing Intern
The A&E intern is required to work 15 hours a week (at $12/hour) will pitch and write arts & entertainment stories for both print and online, with a strong focus on visual arts, theater, and music reporting. Basic writing and reporting experience is required. Previous work in student media, such as college newspapers or magazines, is recommended. Please send résumé, cover letter, and writing samples to A&E Editor Amanda Waltz at email@example.com
The photo intern is required to work 10 hours a week (at $12/hour) should be a student photojournalist with an artistic eye who can tell a story through images. Editorial work will include photographing news and arts, both for print and online. Weekend availability is required. Prior student newspaper work and an outgoing personality are a plus. Please send résumé and a link to an online portfolio to Staff Photographer Jared Wickerham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittsburgh City Paper
is currently seeking freelance journalists for its news and a&e sections. Our current rates are: $75 for a one-subject story at 500-700 words; $100 for a one-two subject story at 800-900 words; and, $200 for an enterprise story (up to 1,500 words.)
Writers specifically interested in the following topics are encouraged: Education, Infrastructure, Food, Theater, and Dance.
Please send writing clips and/or an online portfolio to Editor in Chief Lisa Cunningham at email@example.com