Consider how contemplation of the self can lead writers to larger truths, and enable us to write essays that resonate with readers. The workshop will conclude with the opportunity to write and share part of your draft for feedback.
• LEARN about the history and contemporary scope of the genre;
• DISCOVER the form through a variety of examples;
• EXPLORE what makes a personal essay compelling to readers;
• UNEARTH ideas for your own essays; and
• BEGIN writing your essay.
Suitable for beginning essay writers and those who’d like a refresher on the genre