This Pittsburgh City Paper Election Guide highlights several policies, protections, and laws that can become a reality if they receive enough support at the polls. We also have included the thoughts from the women on CP's staff about why they feel it is important to vote. Additionally, we’re featuring portraits of local political candidates who symbolize fresh faces of Pennsylvania politics — people who buck the state’s older-male dominated status quo.
We hope the following stories inform you, and inspire you to vote next Tuesday.
• Gun-control efforts like universal background checks are close to clearing the legislature
• A narrow path exists for Pennsylvania to prohibit legal abortions
• Can Pennsylvania finally offer civil rights protections to all LGBTQ residents?
• Pennsylvania Democrats want to raise state’s minimum wage to $15 by 2024
• Can public support push through Medicare-for-all?
• Will school property taxes finally be on the chopping block?
• A path for Pennsylvania lawmakers to fully legalize marijuana