Thirty three voting precincts have changed locations in Allegheny County since the May primary. Allegheny County sent letters to voters in affected districts notifying them of the changes. However, those letters had incorrect information.
Voters in Baldwin, Carnegie, McCandless, Mount Lebanon, Penn Hills, Pittsburgh, Plum, Shaler, Stowe, Upper St. Clair, and Wilkinsburg are affected by the letters, and a full list follows.
The letters contained the address of the old polling station instead of the new polling station. According to the county’s Twitter, corrected letters are being issued and the Elections Division will post notices at the old polling locations on Election Day. Allegheny County representatives did not specify how the error occurred.
Voters may verify their registration status, look up their polling place and view a sample ballot on the Allegheny County website.
When you’re clear on where to vote, pick up a copy of City Paper’s Election Guide on newsstands Wed., Oct. 31. The guide is a brush-up on the issues and the candidates ahead of the Nov. 6 general election.
The affected districts follow:
- Baldwin Borough Ward 0 Districts 1 & 2: St. Albert the Great, 3198 Schieck St.
- Baldwin Borough Ward 0 Districts 7 & 10: North Zion Lutheran Church, 5100 Brownsville Road
- Baldwin Borough Ward 0 District 11: Baldwin United Presbyterian Church, 201 Knoedler Road
- Carnegie Ward 1 Districts 1 & 4: Carnegie Borough Building, One Veterans Way
- McCandless Ward 2 District 1: North Allegheny Senior High Entrance, 10375 Perry Highway
- McCandless Ward 2 District 2: Ingomar Elementary School, 602 W Ingomar Road
- Mt. Lebanon Ward 5 Districts 3, 5 & 8: Mt. Lebanon United Lutheran Church, 975 Washington Road
- Penn Hills Ward 2 District 1: Victory Temple Sunday School Class, 2824 Graham Boulevard
- Penn Hills Ward 3 District 5: Hebron United Presbyterian Church, 10460 Frankstown Road
- Penn Hills Ward 7 District 5: Mt. Hope Community Presbyterian, 12106 Frankstown Road
- Pittsburgh Ward 2 District 1: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, 612 Smithfield St.
- Pittsburgh Ward 4 District 3: Oak Hill Management Office, 280 Burrows St.
- Pittsburgh Ward 11 Districts 2 & 4: Laurentian Hall Apts., 5321 Penn Ave.
- Pittsburgh Ward 11 Districts 6, 11 & 17: Mt. Ararat Community Center, 745 North Negley Ave.
- Pittsburgh Ward 15 District 6: Magee Center, 745 Greenfield Ave.
- Pittsburgh Ward 26 District 16: Riverview Park Visitor Center, 158 Riverview Drive
- Plum Ward 0 Districts 8 & 9: Holiday Park Church of Christ, 1510 Abers Creek Road Plum
- Shaler Ward 1 District 4: Cherry City VFC, 309 Davis Ave.
- Stowe Ward 2 District 2: Ohioview Towers, 92 Pleasant Ridge Road
- Stowe Ward 4 District 1: Rocky’s Restaurant, 1562 Island Ave.
- Upper St. Clair Ward 3 Districts 1 & 3: Twp. Bldg. Lower Level Training Rm, 1820 McLaughlin Run Road
- Wilkinsburg Ward 1 District 6: Community Forge/Johnston School, 1256 Franklin Ave.
- Wilkinsburg Ward 2 District 1: Community Forge/Johnston School, 1256 Franklin Ave.