Taken from audience responses -- written in a visitors' log and on a Facebook page -- to the exhibit Whatever It Takes. The exhibit, hosted by Carnegie Mellon University's Miller Gallery, explores Steelers fandom at home and around the world.
- We love Pittsburgh and the Steelers!!! ... We just moved back from Philly and quit our jobs at the worst [time] in recent history just because we missed Pgh sports so much + hated Eagles. Superbowl baby!!!
- [W]e have a rather strange "Tradition" when it comes to watchin Stiller Games! Since 2001 we have watched EVERY game OUTSIDE thru SNOW, WIND, RAIN, AND HAIL on our big screen tv (4 smaller tv's are there as well) our deck is painted Black-n-Gold, complete with ASTRO TURF with the Stiller emblem in the middle, and gracing the walls of the deck is Stiller memoribilia. In our garage is a BLACK N GOLD Stiller refridge which holds our gametime "refreshments" and the food we serve at each game. Our "menu" varies according to the Stillers opponents: New England Clam Chowder....Patriots Cleveland S%#$ (poo) on a Shingle...Cornish hens....Cardinals etc.! During the winter the temp drops to 0 degrees so we have 2 fire pits to keep us warm!
- Yinz did good.
- The Big Apple Sports Bar in Bayonne NJ is NOT a Steelers Bar! Go Jets!!!
- I LOVE HOW CONFUSED WE STEELER FANS MAKE THE FANS OF OTHER TEAMS! WAIT! ARE THERE OTHER TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE? LOL! THEY DON'T QUITE GRASP THE LOVE AND BELIEF THAT WE GET TO EXPERIENCE GIVEN THAT WE LOVE THE GREATEST TEAM TO EVER PLAY THE GAME! GIVE 'EM HELL BOYS!
- I would like to purchase a copy of the "lecture" (The Socio-Economic Underpinnings of a Steeler Nation). It is a riot. Thank you.
- Here we go Brownies! Here we go! [Written just below this, in a different hand]: Yea, for a first-round draft pick haha.
- As an Eagles fan, I find this very amusing.
Whatever It Takes continues through Sun., Feb. 6. Miller Gallery, Carnegie Mellon campus, Oakland. 412-268-3618 or millergallery.cfa.cmu.edu