We originally began coming to Sunny Jim's last year when we moved here because of the great outdoor seating area and decent prices. This place has continues to get worse and worse every time we go back until recently which will be our last.
1. Best on the menu.... beer, bottle preferred so that they cannot ruin it, but this is assuming that you can find the wait staff
2. Burger and fries - decent burger cold fries
3. Ruben and turkey sandwich- to much butter on the bread, greasy and flavorless
4. Salads - actually not so bad
5. Turkey, gravy and potatoe latkes - I get this for my kid since it has consistency of baby food
6. Steak (and this is the best story yet) - I asked the waitress how thick the steak was and she showed me 1.5 - 2 inches with her fingers. Now keep in mind this is supposed to be a 1 lb NY Strip and bring you appetitie as the menu claims. When the steak came I was amazed to find a frozen skirt steak cooked flat and then folded... Yes I said FOLDED in half on top of itself to look like a two inch thick Strip. The steak was under cooked, unseasoned and previously frozen. I have never in my life had a worse piece of meat in my life and I live in Afghanistan for two years, I would take a mountain goat steak any day over this piece of crap.
Normally I would just say something to the waitress as I understand that sometimes food comes out imperfectly and I worked in the restaurant industry for 10+ years. Not this time though, they cannot fix lies, deception and blatant disregard for thier customers all on top of bad food and poor service.
Never and I mean never go to this restaurant.
Pittsburgh City Paper
Website powered by Foundation
National Advertising by VMG Advertising