Was wonderful. Was there today for lunch. Pizza and cupcakes were awesome.
GREAT PEOPLE! GREAT FOOD!
great story hope it works out well,i remember when that part of n.s. was always busy.
Jeremy, I own a building in Etna that was a former Isaly's location. It would be a great place for your first brick & mortar location. If interested, please call 631-278-5182
I love the new 61B Cafe, but to be fair, Regent Square already HAD a coffee shop...Biddle's Escape.
I'm not certain that the link you have above is for the Burnett's website. You may want to double-check. Thanks
We originally began coming to Sunny Jim's last year when we moved here because of the great outdoor seating area and decent prices. This place has continues to get worse and worse every time we go back until recently which will be our last.
1. Best on the menu.... beer, bottle preferred so that they cannot ruin it, but this is assuming that you can find the wait staff
2. Burger and fries - decent burger cold fries
3. Ruben and turkey sandwich- to much butter on the bread, greasy and flavorless
4. Salads - actually not so bad
5. Turkey, gravy and potatoe latkes - I get this for my kid since it has consistency of baby food
6. Steak (and this is the best story yet) - I asked the waitress how thick the steak was and she showed me 1.5 - 2 inches with her fingers. Now keep in mind this is supposed to be a 1 lb NY Strip and bring you appetitie as the menu claims. When the steak came I was amazed to find a frozen skirt steak cooked flat and then folded... Yes I said FOLDED in half on top of itself to look like a two inch thick Strip. The steak was under cooked, unseasoned and previously frozen. I have never in my life had a worse piece of meat in my life and I live in Afghanistan for two years, I would take a mountain goat steak any day over this piece of crap.
Normally I would just say something to the waitress as I understand that sometimes food comes out imperfectly and I worked in the restaurant industry for 10+ years. Not this time though, they cannot fix lies, deception and blatant disregard for thier customers all on top of bad food and poor service.
Never and I mean never go to this restaurant.
By far one of my favorite booths in the Public Market, aside from the amazing selection of incredible oils and vinegars Heather is so knowledgeable and shares so much information. We won't buy olive oil anywhere else.
Kickback is the awesome.
My family and I became Vincent fans a half-century ago. I always thought the secret ingredient that made the pizza so great was the cigarette ash dropping from the corner of Vincent's mouth as he flipped the dough. Over the urinal in the men's room was this bit of graffiti: "Vincent is God, and his pizza is communion"--an apt sentiment. I hope the fake grapes still hang from the ceiling of the back room.
Thank you so much for this article! In the late 80's I had a couple friends from Pittsburgh always talked about "Vinnie's pizza" Kinda how I always talk about Fiesta pizza in Akron, Ohio! Next time I make an Ikea run, you will be sure to find me popping this address into the GPS and heading there for dinner! What's funny is that my friends always joked about the "cigarette ash" in the pizza!
Great work!! Keep it up Mandy's!
I have Celiac and Mandy's is my favorite place to eat. I just wish that they delivered to Wexford. So yummy, and totally worth the drive for me.
Really good to see African food stores owned by Africans like Shikenan African Shop http://bit.ly/16kw6fD
Great idea! Next time I make tacos, I'll test out these recommendations!
I add a little bit of black beans, some corn, chili powder and cilantro (for color, mostly, if you don't have green onions).
This is by far the best coffee shop ever! It's in my neighborhood! The atmosphere is great! The owners are wonderful! And the food and drinks are awesome! I would take this coffee shop over Star Bucks any day, and that says a lot since I used to be a Star Bucks snob! Java House simply ROCKS! :)
Not really helpful to tell us about a festival 2 days after it closed.
Great news, we don't have nearly enough abortions or unwanted dumpster babies. Any company that wants to prevent their employees from making a choice is just perfect. Or are they just really trying to get out of paying for anything?
Pittsburgh City Paper
Website powered by Foundation
National Advertising by VMG Advertising